Neuroscientist and best selling author Dr. Robert K. Cooper has offered three ways to dramatically increase the chances that people will listen to what you are communicating and respond thoughtfully to your communications:
1. In verbal communications precede your comments or responses with “After listening to you…”
2. In the subject line of emails write “As promised.”
3. When talking with others find a way to ask “How can I help you?”
Robert K. Cooper’s photo is featured along with other cutting edge thought leaders on the new CEOeffectiveness.com homepage just created by HD Interactive this past Friday. If you click just below his photo you will be transported to his website containing a wealth of free content on the neuroscience of leadership. His ideas and writing are clear, concise, and evidenced based, and well worth adding to your leadership knowledge base.
- Saybrook University Presents Leadership Workshop in Kirkland, Washington, May 9-10, 2013 (prweb.com)
- Employee Engagement Strategy? Nay! Leadership Strategy! (business2community.com)
- The Power of Leadership Intro (powerofleaders.wordpress.com)