Do you have a sense that something you don’t quite understand about yourself may be holding you back from creating the results in life you seek?
If so, personal mastery may be eluding you because you are trying to address this intuition by relying exclusively on your “rational mind.” Here are some characteristics offered by Peter Senge to describe persons who enjoy high levels of personal mastery:
• They have a special sense of purpose
• They question everything, especially their own certainty
• They are committed to the truth and to seeing reality at all costs
• They accept that real learning involves transformation of the self
• They pursue emotional development with the same intensity as physical and intellectual development
• They are happier and more successful
William D. Anton, Ph.D.