Here are a few leadership outcomes that may indicate that your level of self-knowledge is growing:
- You notice people are seeking you out more and wanting your guidance.
- You see other people as separate objects, not as narcissistic extensions of yourself.
- You are able to offer others who seek your wisdom clarity without depleting your own energy.
- Assuming you get adequate sleep, you are able to “be on your game” (i.e., maintain your “flow”) for long periods of time and remain energized and rested throughout the process.
- You notice that you have replaced “frantic energy” with calm energy and are actually more effective and efficient than you have ever been in the past.
- Your emotional sense of well-being leans toward “mildly positive” throughout the day, and your hard-wired brain circuitry no longer has undue influence on your thinking.